Open enrollment for children who will be entering kindergarten in the 2019-2020 school year begins on February 25 at all schools in the District.
To enroll your child for the kindergarten program:
- Your child must be five years of age on or before September 1, (or between September 2, and December 2, for Transitional Kindergarten).
- You must have evidence of the date of birth (birth certificate or other proof).
- You will need one (1) proof that you live in National City, such as a rental contract, gas and electric bill, etc.
All of our kindergarten programs are full day programs.
State law requires that children must have the immunizations listed below to be admitted to public schools unless your child is exempt by doctor's orders. Please contact your health care provider immediately to obtain these immunizations. Students will not be enrolled in any program without the required immunizations.
Polio: Four doses must be completed
DPT (Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tetanus): Five doses must be completed.
MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella): Two doses must be completed on or after your child's first birthday.
HIB MENINGITIS (Haemophilus B): At least one HIB given on or after the child's first birthday for preschoolers under 4 years, 6 months of age.
Hepatitis B: Three doses of Hepathitis B vaccine must be completed.
Varicella: One dose given on or after the child's first birthday, OR health care provider documentation of Varicella disease or immunity. Students are encouraged to have the Varicella booster prior to school enrollment.
California law requires that all kindergarten students and first grade students, not previously enrolled in kindergarten, have a dental exam by a licensed dental professional by May of the kindergarten year. Forms for this exam will be in your kindergarten registration packet. A physical exam will be required for entry into first grade. You may wish to have one done at this time.
If you have any questions, please contact the school principal.
For more information about the program, visit the Preschool Program page.
To Enroll You Will Need to Bring:
- 2 current documents for proof of residency (e.g., phone, utilities, or rental contract)
- Current proof of family income
- Birth certificates for ALL children in the family
- Child's Immunization Record
Specific program eligibility is determined by residency, age and income. The program welcomes the enrollment of children with disabilities and other special needs.
Priority will be given to children who turn 4 by December 2.
ALL CHILDREN NEED TO BE FULLY POTTY TRAINED